Nursing half asleep for an hour or more but won't fall asleep! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-31-2009, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My 11 mo dd nurses to sleep and it takes anywhere from 5 minutes to 90 minutes to get her to sleep (30-45 min is typical)

Lately she's also woken up in the middle of the night for 3-4 hours a few nights.

When I'm trying to nurse her to sleep, her eyes will literally be half closed and occasionally she will shut and open them...she looks like she is about 30 seconds from sleeping but she can literally stay like this for an hour or more. It drives me crazy because I keep thinking she is about to fall asleep and she doesn't.

I've tried putting her in her crib adn rubbing her back when she gets like this but her eyes pop wide open and she gets up, or she'll kind of roll around in her crib a little but not sleep.

Anyone else have a LO that does this? Any suggestions for how to help her fall asleep?

Loving wife to DH and buddamomimg1.pngmama to DD (11/08) and DS (2/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2009, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't say I've been in that exact situation, but my baby LOVES foot rubs. Maybe you could rub her feet while she's nursing and/or falling asleep to speed up the process?

I have one wonderful husband and one wonderful little toddler boy!

User Tag List