Transfering the sensitive child to his own bed (almost 5yo) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 12-08-2009, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DS will be 5 in January. He's always coslept. He is also pretty sensitive, always has been. Very clingy, very attached, very much needs DH or I for comfort. Always been this way.

Well the problem is I'm due with #3 any day now and we are having a VERY hard time getting DS to move into (and stay) in his own bed. He wants DH or I to snuggle him (which isn't a huge deal, DH does it) but then he'll wake up at some point in the night and come into our bed. I'd prefer to avoid this.

We will soon have DD and DS2 in our bed as well as DH and I, even in a King size bed it can't work...there isn't enough space.

Our bedroom isn't large enough to side car a crib or a twin mattress, it isn't large enough to put a crib in there at all. We tried a crib mattress on the floor but that won't fit either, plus DS doesn't fit on it anymore. Thought about putting a pallet on the floor but the floor in there is very hard and the carpet is very thin...

I'm at a loss here...

It seems like our only real option right now is for DH and DS1 and DD to sleep in the big bed and DS2 and I to move into the 2nd bedroom and sleep there, which sucks for me because it's a captains bed and I have a horrible back anyway...It's fine really, DH doesn't think the bed is uncomfortable, but it doesn't have the support my back needs

Renae wife to J :, Mama to 4.5y/o J-bird and 2y/o A : and E coming in late Dec/Early Jan. My husband had a living donor kidney transplant! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page