Poll: What are your sleeping arrangements? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What are your sleeping arrangements?
Single parent, child(ren) sleep separate 0 0%
Single parent, child(ren) co-sleep 5 55.56%
Sleep with partner, child(ren) sleep separate 26 100.00%
Sleep with partner, child(ren) co-sleep 86 100.00%
Partner sleeps separate, child(ren) sleep separate 3 33.33%
Partner sleeps separate, child(ren) co-sleep 20 100.00%
No children, but plan to co-sleep 6 66.67%
No children, but plan NOT to co-sleep 0 0%
Other - explain 14 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 01-05-2010, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
other. Dh sleeps with ds, I sleep with baby dd. Until May, when the children's grandma leaves and ds will have his room back. He usually sleeps by himself.

caffix.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 40 Old 01-05-2010, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Over the years, we've had all those arrangements (except the single parent part; DH has never been away for more than a few nights), at different times, and I think maybe a few others as well. I remember one phase when the twins were about six months old when DD1 would fall asleep in her own bed in her own room, and DH went to sleep downstairs with DD2, and I went to sleep upstairs in my room with DS, but then at about 2 am DD2 would wake up, and I would go nurse her downstairs, while DH crawled in with DD1, and then once I had DD2 asleep again, I'd put her in a crib in the room with DH and DD2, and go back to DS again.

Yeah. So I picked other.

Our present arrangement is all three kids (DD1 is 5, and DD2 and DS will be 3 in a few weeks) sleeping in one bedroom together, and me and DH in the adjacent room, but we have a trundle bed under ours that is frequently occupied by one child or another. Not DD1 so much, but one or the other of the twins, usually for only part of the night, maybe once or twice a week. DS is going through a phase of having a lot of nighttime fears, so he's been sleeping with us fairly often the last few weeks.

We are believers in doing whatever works best to get everybody a good night's sleep, no matter how unorthodox the arrangement.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#33 of 40 Old 01-05-2010, 04:34 PM

We start the night with the toddler and move him to his own bed, but he crawls back in around 5:30am and sleeps with me until 7:30. We moved him to his own bed because he had become somewhat of a bed hog (and I am pregnant). He sleeps better in his own space

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#34 of 40 Old 01-05-2010, 04:49 PM

So, ignore one of the votes for partner sleeps separate, children sleep separate. I meant to put sleep with partner, child cosleeps...most of the time. DP has a bad, bad habit of falling asleep on the couch and being too lazy to come to bed.

I never planned on cosleeping, but once he was born it came naturally and easy to sleep together and breastfeed in the blurry, newborn haze. DP isn't as fond of cosleeping as we are, but doesn't mind it that much either. We both became accustomed to it, and enjoy it. DS does sleep on his own for naps, and sometimes at night. When he stays with DP's parents he sleeps on his own most of the time, but sometims enjoys snuggling with both gma and gpa. When he stays with my parents, he always enjoys snuggling with my mom.

caffix.gifChristine: Mama to bouncy.gif  DS 04/17/08  *Infant Stroke Survivor*  Always remembering:  brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif

Took a 'break' from TTC and look what happened:  2ndtri.gif!!!!    praying.gif  for a healthy, full term baby to be born August 2012!!  Hoping for a vbac.gif!

#35 of 40 Old 01-05-2010, 05:02 PM

DH, DD and I sleep in our king size bed. Our boys (10 and 8) have their own room and own beds but about 3 nights a week they sleep on our floor in sleeping bags. We are all comfortable with this arrangement. Co-sleeping and room sharing has not impacted our boys socially at all! They both have a ton of friends. They spend the night out, without us a few times a month and do just fine.
#36 of 40 Old 01-05-2010, 05:37 PM

I picked "other". Around age 3, DD decided she wanted to sleep in her own bed (we hadn't even set up her toddler bed in her room after we moved when she was 2). DD changed her mind after a few weeks of being in her own bed, but DH and I wanted some alone time after 3 years; we decided that if DD starts out in her own bed (illness and need for extra cuddles notwithstanding) if she wants to come into bed with me and DH at some point during the night, she can. Most nights she does wake up and crawl in with us at some point. It's win/win!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#37 of 40 Old 01-05-2010, 05:40 PM

I voted other or I guess could've voted 2 different ways. Our arrangement is DH and I cosleep/bedshare with DD. DS sleeps in his bed in his room.

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
#38 of 40 Old 01-05-2010, 06:31 PM

We're at the tail end of our co-sleeping journey - partnered, two kids, both of whom slept with us (at the same time, 4 in a queen bed LOL) until DD chose to move out at age 4. DS has been in-out of his own bed since age 4.5, but still comes to bed with us most mornings around 4-5 am for the rest of the night.

Amy & DH, homeschooling Mama to
DD 9 love.gif DS 7 yrs   
#39 of 40 Old 01-05-2010, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit4ever View Post
Ok... I think I remember you from the July ddc?
I was there!

)O(   Far-away Mama to: Pooka (16)...Alex (14)...Mickie-Lamb (13)...Solo Mama to: Punkin' Seed (8)...Tootsie Pop (6)...Lil' Man (3) and a yikes2.gif due February 2012

~~~~ribbonpurple.gifDV Survivor/Fibroribbonpurple.gif~~~~ 

4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**heartbeat.gif36***40

#40 of 40 Old 01-05-2010, 08:07 PM

I voted for both "No children but plan to cosleep" and "Other." DH and I are TTC and he's known since before we were married that I'd want to cosleep. I don't know how much he'll be with baby and me b/c we already sleep apart quite a bit due to his terrible snoring. We want to get a futon for the living room so there's always space for whatever the night brings. I voted for other b/c my boys and I coslept off and on until my youngest was about 9.

Kali (pka Michelle) ~ crunchy wife to Cory (09/06) ~ Mama to H (03/90) & I (06/92)--bothnocirc.gifbf.jpg BF for 35 consecutive months ~ angel1.gif x 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page