Getting to her to actually SLEEP in her own room/bed. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-01-2010, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok. DD is almost 2 1/2. She's had her own room and bed for a while yet but 90% of the time she lands back in ours and frankly is a bed hog so we've been wanting her out of our bed and into hers. I've been trying to get her to sleep in her own bed but its a power struggle and I feel like a hockey goalie trying to get her to stay in bed. Add to this a shrieking temper tantrum every time, and I'm about ready to just pull my hair out.

Though even when she's in our bed, she does not sleep through the night. Ex. The other night, she was up crying for 45 min for each 1/2 hr she slept. Other nights she's just up and down with no real discernible reason for crying.

I love her dearly but when these bedtime struggles are going on...I want to just lash out and make her lay down and go to sleep. I know its not right but I'm starting to reach the end of my patience.
#2 of 2 Old 02-02-2010, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm with you. We are trying to end the co-sleeping (which has been happening in DS's full size bed) because DS (at almost 2) was still waking up 2-3 times a night... but it's only gotten worse. I wish I had some advice, because I have no idea what the answer is! Co-sleeping is just not the magic solution for us that it is for some families.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page