AP Mommy needs advice for 15 mo old! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-29-2010, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My friend is a good AP mommy and has had sleep issues with her high-needs little girl from the beginning. She's 15 months old now and I got this email today:

alright, now another sleep question. myma has just NEVER been a good sleeper! she takes forever to fall asleep (nursed or rocked to sleep), doesn't nap long enough, wakes up every hour or 2 to nurse at night, and it's just not getting better. I have read EVERY sleep book there is, and even dr. sears says she should be sleeping in longer stretches by now. I could do once or twice at night, but I'm totally exhausted. please help. was sam just a good sleeper? I don't think i've created the problem by co-sleeping or parenting to sleep. because she still won't go to sleep fast or sleep long periods of time no matter what I do. anyway. dying. dying. and I'd like to have another baby, but can't even imagine not sleeping with 2 babies!

Please help my friend, mommies!

Thankful to be a play-at-home-Mommee to my "cage-free" little monkeys, Sam, (1/21/07) and Jonas (8/17/09), a Wifee to my best friend, James, and excited to welcome our first girl-baby this summer. ***Families Are Forever!***

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unfortunately some kids seem to just wake up more often. I don't think it is the way she parents that causes it. Mine always woke about every 2 hrs to nurse until they weaned. DD2 is 21m and still wakes often.

I don't have any advise besides the reassurance or I would be getting more sleep at night too.

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

User Tag List