Sleep sharing with 27 month old and 12 day old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-23-2010, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my little boy loves to sleep with mama, and right now he really needs his security. Their father will not come around for some reason and his mama can hold him less because of a new baby, and his sisters are going away for a month this week. Needless to say, i cannot kick him out of the bed. His baby sister will not sleep any length of time out of the bed, plus i have wicked mastitis and no help with the five children, so i have to do what is easiest and going to work to get as much sleep as possible. I know it is not recommended for siblings to sleep together, but i do not see how anyone is going to sleep if i kick either of them out of my bed right now. I have to be so vigilant because i know he will try and lift her up and he has a tendency to kick while sleeping. I try to keep a pillow between them when she is in the center and a pillow on the edge of the bed when she is on the outside, i am pretty much holding her when she is on that side while we are sleeping. I know bedrails cannot be used with small babies, so i have not installed one. What are other mother's experiences with this, and how did things work for you?
#2 of 2 Old 06-23-2010, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DS was 21mo when my DD was born last July. I was also worried about the siblings not sleeping together recommendation but worked it out by putting one child on either side of me - always - they have never slept next to each other and they are always on the same side at night so there is no confusion as to who is who in the middle of the night. We sleep on a queen mattress and my DH sleeps on the twin that is pushed up against the bed (it was going to be for my DS but didn't exactly work out that way)

I think the danger is if the sibling rolls onto the baby or suffocates it in some other way , so in my mind I eliminated the risk of that happening.

Good luck & I hope you can get some sleep

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page