Honestly.... how many cosleeping parents here are getting a good night's sleep? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-09-2010, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sometimes I wake up feeling rested. Usually I wake up tired and go to sleep exhausted. Jude and I are both extremely light sleepers so any movement wakes us both up.

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2010, 07:56 PM

DS wakes to suckle or nurse every 45 minutes to 1.5 hours during a 10.5-12 hour night. We even had a 2 month period with him waking screaming bloody murder every 20-40 minutes all night. My sleep pattern seems to have adapted, and we all wake up seemingly well-rested. I just roll over let him nurse or suckle and fall back to sleep. I cant tell you how many times I've woken up an hour later with him still latched.

The 20-40 minute period was pure hell, and I came really close to a complete breakdown. Fortunately, he's much better, and I've made a deliberate effort to appreciate the benefits of his night nursing. I still have moments, usually once a month :P

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

Old 08-09-2010, 07:58 PM

I learned to nurse while falling back asleep which helped a lot. Now that dd is almost 2 she is sleeping for most of the night but usually partially wakes long enough to nurse back to sleep.

I'm Theresa. nursing, baby-wearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping mama to Clara (9/08) and wife to Mike
Old 08-10-2010, 12:36 AM

UGH i could have written this post pretty much. i have a 10month old as well. i'm starting some night weaning techniques tonight. :yawning maybe if i break him of the boob it may help. i'm going crazy. the thing is he technically he STTN. he goes to bed at 8 and then sleeps about 5 hours. then from like 1-2 am till 8 am he kicks and fidgets and wants boob the rest of the morning.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:55 AM

We got a goodnight's sleep with DS. He would nurse every 2 hours, but by 10 months he would just latch on, nurse a litlte bit and go back to sleep. I was pretty much sleeping through it.

We stopped bedsharing at 14 months because I was pregnant and my milk supply dropped and DS wouldn't sleep, he'd just nurse all night long, like hours trying to get milk out. So at that point we weren't getting enough sleep.

DD is 5 months now and she comes to our bed from the bassinet at her first wake up. Then she nurses once more during the night, again, I'm barely awake and she nurses and falls asleep within a few minutes.

Mama to three

Old 08-10-2010, 01:47 AM

I haven't had a good nights sleep since 2007 (that's when dd2 was welcomed into our bed...but she has worn out that welcome ).
Old 08-10-2010, 01:54 AM

This should be a poll. Would love to see the results.

User Tag List