weaning off baby hammock - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-24-2010, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this question is soooo not today's problem--and today I even swore to myself that I would stop going on the computer every time I was struck with a baby-related question because doing so has totally messed with whatever natural maternal instincts I had in the first place--but has anyone put their babes in baby hammocks for naps and sleep? I am slightly concerned about how she'll be when she outgrows the amby baby hammock we purchased today (with repair kit--I am aware of the recall and it's not an issue for me as I watch her like a hawk, plus she's over three months now).

The people I bought it from have a one year old who used it til he was 7 months and then moved into his parents' bed. They said there were no problems transitioning. Again, not today's problem but I am curious what other baby hammock users' experiences are. DD has not been sleeping well since we sidecarred the crib so we're crossing our fingers that the hammock works. Hopefully we'll get to enjoy the family bed one day but for now she seems to like her own space
#2 of 2 Old 07-25-2010, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It wasn't too bad. If you have a baby who sleeps fine, I'm sure there will be few problems. My DS has never slept well, or fallen asleep easily so we had to use motion after he no longer used the hammock and rocked/bounced him in the ergo until he fell asleep and would then transition to our bed. Must say though, he did not need motion because of using the Amby - we bought the Amby because he needed motion to sleep.

babyboy.gif: 01/10/2009 and 09/29/2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page