Options for Alternative Cribs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-30-2010, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello All-

I have a question about what you do in your home for a crib or alternative crib option.

DD is almost 8 and she co-slept with us until she was old enough to be in a toddler bed...and even then she was in our bed most of the time. Dh and I are ttc#2 and I am looking at cribs for napping and possible sleeping at some point but, I know this sounds bad but they sort of remind me of little cages

I know that a lot of new cool stuff has come out in the last 8 years and hoping you ladies can share it with me.

Thank you

Megan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2010, 08:09 AM

DS is still in our bed, so I got a Baby Bunk for the new baby. It sidecars right up to the bed.

Mama to DS1 (2/08) and DS2 (9/10).
Old 07-30-2010, 11:45 AM

They ARE little cages, but aren't babies kind of like little animals? I kind of thought the same thing when I'd see my kid in his crib, but it's for safety - and the right kind of safety, not the overprotective-pad-everything-my-kid-might-bump-his-head kind of safety.

Anyway, I haven't seen much out there as an alternative, although I have a friend-of-a-friend who used a hammock for their baby and she sleeps over their bed so she can be rocked easily. I am not sure how good of an idea this is (I've heard it's not good on the back) but it could be an option. Or the side-sleeper with one open side. OR, maybe it's time to get one HUMONGOUS bed for everyone!

User Tag List