What do you do to help yourself feel rested - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
when you're running on empty? My 7 mo DD is still nursing several times a night, and was up for the day at 5:55 this morning. I'm am just plain tired and have all day ahead of me. I'm a cake decorator and work out of my home, so when she is napping, I'm working. Plus, I have a 9yo DS as well. I am just really curious how everyone else goes about their day on what little bit of fragmented sleep they got the night before.

Thanks.

Christine
#2 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 11:56 AM

Coffee. Loads and loads of coffee.
or tea, if you prefer. Anything with enough caffeine to perk you up!!!

(Got me through six years of college and one tired year of motherhood...)

Just make sure you back off the caffeine before midafternoon, or you'll have one wakeful baby on your hands at about 2 am. (It took me a while to figure out the reason for that one ).

I work from home during naps, too, and these days (I'm 8 weeks pregnant) it's HARD to avoid the temptation to crawl into bed with my LO and sleep when she does. :yawning

Off to get another cup...

I'm traveling the world with my kids without ever leaving home and blogging about it -- watch, taste, and share our adventures at TheGlobalStayCation.com!
#3 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
short power naps of 15 minutes can really help too. I also get DH to take DD for an hour in the morning so I can sleep in if we've had a particularly active night. Also, mother's helper to come a couple of times a week to take DD for a walk has been a lifesaver.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#4 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 01:49 PM

For me, I get out with DD--rain, shine or snow. Just helps clear your head a little. I also go somewhere with people--usually a coffee shop--as I find I tend to obsess about the not-sleeping more when I'm alone. Just seeing other people distracts me enough to think of other things. Plus I'll sometimes nap with DD, even if she only takes 40-minute naps. It helps a little.

Woman, Wife, Mom to beautiful DD (10/14/09), Copywriter, occasionally tearing my hair out but usually pretty happy about it all
#5 of 6 Old 09-11-2010, 02:49 AM

For now, DH is a lifesaver for me. He gets up in the morning with DS, and lets me sleep another hour or two! Other than that, I don't know what I'd do, since I've cut out caffeine...
#6 of 6 Old 09-12-2010, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Caffeine.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page