I'm desperate... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-28-2010, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD is almost 3.5 YO. Currently, she goes to sleep in her own room, then comes into ours sometime in the middle of each night to sleep on a crib mattress on our floor. DS sleeps in bed with us.

DH and I are already sleep deprived enough, with one or both kids waking up at 5:30 a.m. each day. We really want DD to sleep in her own bed all night long. She did sleep all night long in her bed for about six months after she turned 2... then DS was born and things changed again.

I guess it wouldn't bother us so much if she'd just lay down and go to sleep when she came in at night, which she used to do just fine. These past months, though, she comes in and insists that we get her babies for her. There's no use telling her before bed to bring her babies in with her, and she refuses to go get them herself or go to sleep without them. We've tried bringing some in ahead of time each night, but she will insist that we get some other doll instead. It's disruptive enough that it often disturbs the baby's sleep.

We find ourselves getting so angry with her... I know it's a combination of this issue and the problems we're having preventing all of the endless stalling before going to sleep every night. We're tired of getting upset with her and night, and this just has to end.

I'd love some advice on how to do it peacefully. She's a classic spirited child: very persistent, energetic and sensitive, so I don't expect this to be easy.

SAHM to DD (6/07) and DS (10/09); happily married to DH since 2/04 .

User Tag List