waking up - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-15-2010, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds has been ready to get up at unreasonably early times. This morning it was dark outside. His room is attached to my room and I know that he can play in there safely by himself (he'll be 5 in a couple of weeks) but he refuses to and kicks and wakes me up until I get out of bed. I work at home and homeschool and I can't function well like this. The only time I get any sleep in the morning is if I park him in front of a cartoon which I really don't like doing. I feel as tired as I did when I was mothering a newborn (well, maybe not quite that tired, but still). Any suggestions?
#2 of 3 Old 10-15-2010, 08:46 PM

What time is he going to bed? Could you adjust his bed time back a bit and hope that he sleeps later in the morning? That didn't work for my DD, who regardless of what time she goes to bed, wakes up 15 minutes before the sun comes up. But I know it has worked for others. Our house is small and I just let her get up and play on the computer, listen to an audio book or watch some TV. Once her brother gets up, the two play together. I usually can get a little more rest (I wouldn't call it sleep) that way.

Michele - Homeschooling mom to Hadley, (10/03 - the 23 week preemie miracle) and Noah, (08/05)
#3 of 3 Old 10-18-2010, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

My ds is like your dd. He still gets up at the same time no matter what time he goes to bed. If he goes to bed late, he's grumpy the next day. I just wish he wasn't so rude in the morning. The first thing he did this rainy dark morning was get mad at me because I didn't put a candle in his jack-o-lantern. Not the ideal way to start the day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page