I'm burnt out:( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-16-2010, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have worn my 17 month old in the wrap on my back for nearly every nap since birth!!! Plus I now have to wear her on my back to get her to sleep at night, then I transfer her into our bed and nurse her back to sleep again. My shoulders and neck can't take this anymore, neither can my sanity!!

I have no idea what to do. DD is very bright and strong willed, she is also very active. I used to be able to nurse her to sleep in our bed, but now it doesn't matter how late it is, she won't go to sleep without being worn. She can't seem to key down. Naps are impossible to do anywhere but on my body. She is about 28lbs now and this is getting to be too much. I have 2 other kids(ages 6 and 3), which is why I started doing this in the first place. So I could be with them and get other stuff done. Now we are trapped Does anyone have a word of encouragement, experience or ideas? I feel so burnt out.

Jenny
#2 of 4 Old 10-17-2010, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I have for the first time ever, put my child upstairs to nap alone. She has been fussing and yelling for 24 minutes, even though she is extremly tired. She is in a playpen(we don't own a crib)in my other kids' room with nice lullabies playing. I had her on my back for a nap as usual, and she was freaking out, arching and crying and so not happy. I was reaching the frusteration level of total overload so I had to take her out. She has to learn to nap in a bed/playpen, I just can't take this anymore. I feel aweful but I just don't know what else to do. I nursed her, tucked her in and left and haven't been back....I know if I go to see her I will take her out. I feel so bad.

Jenny
#3 of 4 Old 10-18-2010, 12:12 AM

what if you sat next to her as she fussed and held her or touched her? That way she would still start learning to nap in a playpen but she'll know that you're close. This sounds really tough.

sleepytime.gif
#4 of 4 Old 10-18-2010, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the hug! Yesterday's nap was a bust, after 30 min it was all quiet so I went to check and she was standing up still. She ended up napping in the car. But bedtime was a huge success!!! My other two kids sleep in the same room so we all had stories together then I nursed her for 1 lullaby and told her it was time for sleep(and the lights were turned off). Then I put her in the playpen and left. I was a bundle of anxiety listening to her whine and fuss. But it never got worse and only lasted for about 5 minutes. I went to check on her and she was so comfy and asleep. I couldn't believe it, I was in shock! I kept expecting her to wake up but she didn't until 10:30, so I had 2 solid hours to myself in the evening. It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to try to do this for nap again today, wish me luck

Jenny

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page