CIO from baby's point of view - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-27-2010, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just read this interesting blog post about CIO from a baby's point of view and thought I'd share.  It's pretty harsh, but I think it's interesting to think what CIO might be like for a baby.

Personally, it just hurt too much to listen to my baby cry, so I knew I could never do it.  I have to agree with the blogger though, The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley really was helpful for me when my 1st was waking ever hour to nurse, all-night-long!  It's not a quick fix, but it really helped.  I recommend checking it out if you're having a hard time and need some help.

Oh, and for the record, if you really need a moment because you feel like you're loosing it, walking away and letting them cry once in a while won't scar them.  It's not the same as constantly ignoring them and showing them you aren't going to respond to their needs ever.  So don't be too hard on yourself if you need to walk away once in a while.

Ruth, mama to 2 little monkeys and owner of Zerberts
Helping you find the perfect baby carrier! Risk Free Shopping and FREE SHIPPING!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-03-2011, 05:50 PM

IIt was a great post, thanks for sharing this. I could never listen to my baby cry - too heartbreaking,

momsling.GIFfamilybed2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifwaterbirth.jpgcd.gif   treehugger.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   namaste.gif
Mama to DD 11th July 2008 & DS 5th October 2009
#3 of 5 Old 01-04-2011, 08:48 PM

Wonderfully said. Love that there is studies to back it up for those who don't agree. Thanks for sharing.

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#4 of 5 Old 01-06-2011, 04:49 PM

I just posted something about CIO on FB and of course my friends who've done CIO are talking about how intelligent,productive,vibrant their children are now.

One even said she CIOed from birth and never co-slept because  to let them think they could sleep in bed with me only to one day decide they couldn't. I am sure that would have been confusing and upsetting and yes, the reason they have to cry it out .

whatever they need to say to justify themselves.

Sharon wife to my hero James and  momma to Kaitlyn 17, Tayler 15 and Anna 7.fur momma to Kami  pit/boxer mix.

#5 of 5 Old 01-07-2011, 01:24 PM

That just brought me to tears.  I have tried everything with my 9 month old, including CIO (one night was all I could take).  It. was. awful.  He used to be such a good sleeper, and would only wake once to nurse.  Now it's more like 4, 5 sometime 6 times a night.  I am losing my mind, but I won't do that again!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page