How do we break the cycle? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-01-2011, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS is 14 months and has always been a terrible sleeper. He doesn't sleep through the night but I have a hunch that if we could break his falling to sleep habit he might actually give me a full night's rest.

He refuses to fall asleep unless he's had 1-2 sippy cups full of almond milk. He fights sleep tooth and nail and drinking is the only was we can get him to lay still enough to drift off. However, come 1 am his diaper is insanely soaked and super cold. This results in needing a new diaper. Then rinse. repeat. By morning he's wet and cold again.

He self weaned from his paci around 8 months and will not take one no matter how hard I try to replace the sippy with one. Offering water has the reverse effect and wakes him up to the point where he wants to play for 3 more hours. CIO is not really an option for us, not that I'd really consider it anyway.

FWIW we've tries sposies but he fills them then gets compression leaks. Right now he wears a BSRB or GM fitted with a Joeybunz hemp insert as a doubler.

I'm open to any and all suggestions!

Cloth diapering, intactivist, babywearing, SAHM to DS with severe eczema born 10/17/09!!Attempting to relactate!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 09:18 PM

I don't really have any suggestions for you but I do remember those days although in our case it was if dd nursed a lot and the cloth diaper got soaked and cold as well :( I feel your pain though and just thought I'd send some (((hugs)))

Laura mama to Caitlyn 12/26/06 and Frenchie dh non vaccing unschooling multilingual family
Old 01-03-2011, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the hugs! I needed them last night! Maybe one day he'll decide he doest need to drink a gallon before he sleeps.

Cloth diapering, intactivist, babywearing, SAHM to DS with severe eczema born 10/17/09!!Attempting to relactate!

User Tag List