If You Lay With Your Child Until They Fall Asleep - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-19-2011, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

ASusan - frustrating but rather cute.

I made the mistake of letting ds nap yesterday. I was SO desperately tired myself & had so many people say they phased the nap out with an every 2nd or 3rd day schedule at first. BIG mistake. He took almost 2 hours to fall asleep & then was up repeatedly through the night & then woke up early. In all he only got 6 hours of sleep!!! NO MORE NAPS!!!

I am definitely finding my cut off is an hour. Up until an hour I do ok but at about the hour mark my patience just disappears.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2011, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DS is 6.5 months, and if he doesn't fall asleep while nursing, I will sing and stroke his head to get him to sleep.  If after 15 minutes, he's wide awake and wanting to play, I will just get him up again.  I don't want to "loose" time with my partner in the evening and feel like i'm going batty because DS is awake.  usually after about 30-45 minutes awake, we try again.  we cosleep.

Ema to my dear son (inseminated at home with frozen donor sperm) born on 6/25/10. h20homebirth.gifnocirc.gif selectivevax.gif familybed1.gif femalesling.GIF bftoddler.gif cd.gifWife to my dear partner.  rainbow1284.gif goorganic.jpg  hang.gif  sewmachine.gif   blogging.jpg.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:42 PM

My heart goes out to you. My 21 month old son is the exact same way. Sometimes I feel like it's impossible to not get very frustrated. Unfortunately nothing seems to work for me and I refuse to CIO, but some nights after 1.5 hours of rocking, patting and singing I may start to cry! Hugs to you:)

AP, stay at home Mama (31) to DS 4/09, DD 11/11, DD 8/13 and wonderful DH (31) and my angel1.gif 1/11 who grew wings at 9w 3d 
h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gif bftoddler.gifgoorganic.jpg femalesling.GIFgd.gif 

Old 01-21-2011, 10:39 AM

Also wanting to add that we have eliminated the night nursing (I am the non-bio mom) and that makes it take longer but really gives my partner a break. She likes that she can have a glass of wine if she wants to...that she is done when we go in...for the most part. Last night he screamed for her to come hold him awhile. It hurt my feelings a bit, but I'm trying to get better at not letting it. The way we sleep as a family is him in a full bed with me until the wee morning hours, then he (and maybe me, depending on the time) join mama in the "mama" bed. Last night we renamed them castle Amazing and castle fantastic!

It's frustrating. I almost always fall asleep. My feelings (and body, if he decides to punch or kick) sometimes get hurt. But I think this is a flash in the pan of his life, and I hope he will remember the sweet times we have trying to fall asleep rather than the times I say things like "lay down now or mommy is going to leave." He will right?

I'm afraid mommy is sometimes not very nice. help.gif

Partner to Jen, Mommy to Ellis, 2-2008. jammin.gif

treehugger.giffamilybed1.gif

I blog: http://www.dancepeanut.blogspot.com

Old 01-21-2011, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh differentfamily - I think a lot of these moments are MUCH harder on us than on them!

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

User Tag List