Going back to work...LO will not nap with other caregivers and is a zombie by the time I get her in the afternoon! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-11-2011, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So...I've been working a few hours a day outside of the home until now.  LO is now almost 8 months and I am so thankful I have had this time with her but we need the money now and I have an opportunity to work full time, so....I am also lucky enough to have a very supportive family who are willing to help out and watch her. Two days with Mom, two days with grandpa, one day with hubby.  Two days out of the home the rest in our home.  The problem is...she will not nap!  It was always difficult to get her to nap unless held and rocked, then not put down easily, usually held for the duration of her nap.  The problem is now that I only get her in the afternoon/ evening she is a zombie when I see her.  She either nurses then passes out or whines the whole time then passes out.  At night we are co-sleeping but I am buying a crib to start to gradually transition her there at least for the beginning of the night.  Any advice???

User Tag List