Upset I can't co-sleep. (I have Obstructive Sleep Apnea and use a CPAP) Not sure where to put the baby:( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-09-2011, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

From what I've read it's not recommended for me to cosleep. Evan a side car crib attached to the bed wouldn't be safe since the baby could get tangled in the hose and I might not rouse as easily. I did cosleep part time with my first baby without using the cpap and was always aware of him but my apnea is worse now. My first baby slept in a crib when he wasn't with me but I want the new baby in my room 100% this time. I think my only choice is a basinet or using the Arm's reach with the side up away from the bed. I just really would love to have the baby right next to me (we have an organic mattress so we wouldn't have to shell out hundreds on a cosleepr and a mattress for it). I don't feel that basinets are that safe since they have solid sides and the organic ones (like Seed) look incredibly flimsy and would be easily tipped over by my older ds. Did anyone use the arms reach here and feel it was safe?

Wife to DH, mommy to DS(4/23/08) and 3rdtri.gifdue in May!selectivevax.gifcd.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2011, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I see this is a bit old, I don't know if you have found any solution or not.

My DH has sleep apnea and uses a CPAP.  I am not sure I am properly understanding the possibility of the hose getting tangled if you have the little one in a crib.  Are you talking about with one side of the crib down? 

We have a cradle that we have right next to the bed.  It's on my side of the bed rather than DH's but I really cannot see his CPAP hose making it into the cradle in any way.  The only way I could see it was if my little one was sitting up/crawling around and pulled it in, which she isn't yet. 

User Tag List