Forum Jump: 

Old 04-04-2011, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post

Thanks Megan.

Yes for the past couple of months we have really tried to be understanding thinking that the problem may be teething- but we give him tylenol and it doesn't help and we haven't been able to detect any new teeth pushing through. I'm pretty sure he is perfectly healthy- no ear infection. My concern is that he is thirsty because we live in a very hot and dry climate so I'm constantly giving him water and nursing during the day but he won't take water at all at night. So I DO still nurse him every couple of hours. I just can't do it constantly all night anymore.

Just noticed this as well, tylenol was great for daytime teething for us, but it just didn't do it at night.  Motrin was the ONLY thing that worked at night.  We occasionally alternated tylenol and motrin every 3 hours (they are different drugs and do not react with each other in the body so they are safe to give together - we didn't do it very often at all, only when ds screamed and screamed and nothing else worked).

Teething can cause pain even when new teeth aren't about to pop through - the teeth come up through the gums pretty slowly, so it can be very painful without any other symptoms.  My ds was a TERRIBLE teether, it was awful - so I wanted to suggest motrin as well since tylenol was no good at night time for us.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Its Okay To Cry , Its Ok To Cry , We Cry Out Living With Developmental Disabilities , The Happiest Baby On The Block The New Way To Calm Crying And Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longer
User Tag List