help with co sleeping to crib transition - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-11-2011, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

this is more of a napping question than a night time question.  currently ds is 6 months old, and naps in my lap.  on occasion i've been able to transition him to his crib while he's asleep, but most of the time it doesn't work.  he likes his crib just fine, but typically associates it with play instead of sleep.  i'm hoping to teach him to sleep in his crib, since it's gotten to the point where i think he would nap better there....have any of you made this transition? what did you do that worked?

also, i'm hesitant to have him nap alone in our bed because i really want to keep it for night sleeping only...plus it's not really set up where i'm comfortable leaving him in the big bed alone.  all thoughts welcome!! thanks :)

Mommy to DS born 11-10-10  wave.gifAnd DD born 6-3-13 baby.gif  

#2 of 5 Old 05-11-2011, 02:05 PM

My baby was napping in our bed, but she just started crawling so we're transitioning her to the crib for naps. I've found the only way I can get her to sleep in there is to rock her to sleep then lay her down on her tummy. We have a video monitor, so I feel safe letting her sleep on her tummy since I can watch her. It has not been an easy trasition, but it's getting better.

#3 of 5 Old 05-11-2011, 03:29 PM
ssh

We put our queen mattresses on the floor. We also put it against the wall and put pillows near the outside edge, then a quilt on the floor. After DD was about 8 months old we started showing her how to crawl off the bed backwards, feet first. DD never really did sleep in her crib, so that wasn't an option.

#4 of 5 Old 05-13-2011, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

This is what I am planning to do too...it's a good thing I've got time!

#5 of 5 Old 05-13-2011, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter

that may need to happen at this point....but i want to try the crib first.  i think i just feel more comfortable having him in the crib at this point, in terms of mobility.  no real worries if it doesn't happen i guess :) 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page