Almost 4mo light sleeper, not enough sleep during the day ?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-28-2011, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Lucky for me she sleeps good at night, her usual is waking up 2-3 times then nurse right back to sleep.  It's about 9-10 hours at night.

According to NCSS, she should be getting 5 hours of sleep during the day at this age.  Rarely she gets that.  It is also rare that she will get 2 hours at one time.  Unless she is on me, sitting on the couch or occassionally in the Moby carrier.

Like me, she is a light sleeper and wakes up fairly easily, although there have been times I thought a noise would wake her up and it didn't.  I have a really hard time transferring her if she falls asleep on me.  She usually wakes up.

So is there a minimum BLOCK of time during the day she should sleep?  Like 1 hour?  2?  Even so, I'm not even sure how I could get her to sleep any longer during the day.

Thanks!

DS 2006 nocirc.gif DiaperFreeBaby angel1.gif March 2010, DD 2011

#2 of 3 Old 05-30-2011, 09:08 AM

According to every chart I read, my son only got 75% of the minimum amount of sleep recommended for his age until he was about 3yo, now he gets the minimum amount most days. Nothing we did would help him sleep longer & he was happy, healthy & meeting all his other milestones, so we eventually just accepted the fact that he did not need the full amount of sleep that the charts said.

From what I remember, if he ever napped, it was very short lived, or in the car or sling. It's been 4 years though, and I'm pregnant again,so my memory may be a bit shaky! The good news is, he'll now sleep for 10 hours overnight. But I really never thought we'd get to this point.

If her lower total sleep is not affecting her other development, then I would just not worry about it :) Easier said than done I know, it took me a while to accept that DS just didn't need the sleep! Luckily I did manage to operate on very little sleep myself for a couple years.

~SynEpona~
#3 of 3 Old 05-30-2011, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  She does seem fine otherwise and in good spirits.  Oddly enough she has slept later the last couple mornings, maybe playing catch-up. 

DS 2006 nocirc.gif DiaperFreeBaby angel1.gif March 2010, DD 2011

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page