Worst video EVER on co-sleeping! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 07-12-2011, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was looking on YouTube to see if I could find videos of mums and babies sleeping in synch at night, and came across this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY9hky8uoko&NR=1&feature=fvwp

#2 of 14 Old 07-12-2011, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Wow, you were right! Worst. Vid. Ever. I don't even know where to start about how ridiculous it is...

I'm a queer, poly, pagan, (dis)abled, crazy, crunchy, intersectionally-minded feminist. fsonj & I are mamas to our unschooled/freeschooled 12yo & 3yo!  (Ask me about co-breastfeeding, supplementing at the breast, inducing lactation, eating placentas, undisturbed birth, and parenting a genderqueer child with Aspergers!)
#3 of 14 Old 07-12-2011, 02:54 PM

What the heck?? That was a waste of 2 mins lol.

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#4 of 14 Old 07-12-2011, 03:20 PM

That was very anti-co sleeping considering it was titled "co-sleeping with your baby" and the whole video is about getting the baby out of your bed!

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#5 of 14 Old 07-12-2011, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Dude...am I alone here...after a baby intimacy is hard to obtain...I have found with the rest of house free intimacy is more fun and creative...da bed ain't da only place, yo. I would like to thank my livingroom for my 2nd. That new rug paid for itself. ^_^

was that too much info? hmm

hola.gif My life in emoticon...oh, I've said too much blahblah.gif

lactivist.gifselectivevax.giftoddler.giffamilybed2.giftrekkie.giftreehugger.gifwash.gif

#6 of 14 Old 07-12-2011, 04:51 PM

LOL I am with you we DTD daily (since DD turned 12 m/o anyways) and it is hardly ever in the bed (unless it's during the day if we can escape from DD long enough lol)

My husband is NOT suffering!

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#7 of 14 Old 07-12-2011, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

during the day! wow! You, sister, are living the dream!

hola.gif My life in emoticon...oh, I've said too much blahblah.gif

lactivist.gifselectivevax.giftoddler.giffamilybed2.giftrekkie.giftreehugger.gifwash.gif

#8 of 14 Old 07-13-2011, 07:38 AM

biggrinbounce.gif It always has to be quick though haha

#9 of 14 Old 07-13-2011, 07:54 AM

Donkey kicks and no sex. Awesome! Sign me up!

#10 of 14 Old 07-14-2011, 08:18 PM

That was funny.  It gave me quite a chuckle.  The only thing they got right was the dad sleeping thru everything because around here unless you are me, you get to sleep through it all!!!.  And I love how when the babe is cosleeping she is donkey kicking (seriously...donkey kicking lol) and squirming all around but she is sleeping like a log in her bassinet.  Jeez, I  think moving the baby a bit further from you every night and blah blah blah would be such a hassle.  I decided to cosleep because it is easier for us. 

caffix.gif

#11 of 14 Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 PM

The donkey kick line cracks me up!

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09
#12 of 14 Old 07-15-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magali View Post

Jeez, I  think moving the baby a bit further from you every night and blah blah blah would be such a hassle.

That was my plan with DS actually... until he was actually born and realized a bassinet or separate rooms would never work for us!! lol Plus now I really love cosleeping!!!

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#13 of 14 Old 07-15-2011, 06:30 AM

I can't even *imagine* having DD in another room. I would be freaking out all night wondering if she was OK or what if something happens? I really don't even get putting a toddler in a separate room...

#14 of 14 Old 07-15-2011, 06:33 AM

Yeah I'm just too anxious a person to deal with that. And my DS never cuddles except when he's asleep, I'd be so sad to miss out on that!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page