bedding safety question for crib users (older baby) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-01-2011, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What kind/amount of bedding is safe for an 11 month old to have if she's sleeping alone in a crib/playpen? A blanket? How thick? Does it not matter at this age? It is a very sturdy, large wooden playpen with the floor on the lowest setting. Is a pillow ok? A crib bumper (made by playpen manufacturer)? She can crawl, stand, cruise, climb (has never climbed out of playpen though). 

I have always shared a "bed" (futon mattress on floor) with my children when they were babies, but my 11 month old is having a lot of trouble staying asleep/IN bed at the moment. I plan to continue to co-sleep, but I'd like an option for someplace safe to put her for naps and/or when I can't deal with another night waking. She would be alone in the room for nap time, but I'd be sleeping in the same room for most of the night. 

I've never put a baby in a crib to sleep before, but my older daughter was happy to nurse back to sleep. I don't/won't let the baby cry and I plan to continue nursing on cue... I just want to figure out a safe way to corral her when she'd rather play/explore than sleep. Thanks in advance for any tips.

daughter #1 10/13/07
daughter #2 10/08/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2011, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

At that age our LO slept in a crib.  She has a light fleece blanket and that was it (no bumpers or pillow) and a stuffed animal :)

User Tag List