The reflux-ing newborn at night-how to position while cosleeping - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-22-2011, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I cosleep with my 5 week old who is starting to reflux/spit up quite a bit. Of course it is much worse when he is on his back and flat in bed. He doesn't sleep well in that position. I feel bad putting him down on his back when he spits up and wakes up when he wants to sleep. So I end up propping on a few pillows and I sleep while he is on his back resting right next to me with my arm around him. But I know pillows and cosleeping are not safe...so I'm wondering if anyone has ideas about this?

I do have a 'nest' that he goes in and I propped that up just a bit but he tends to slide down. He is much happier sleeping while I hold him. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

typing one-handed...sleeping baby on me.

i am just seeing this and saw no one replied. my babies sleep facing me with their head on my arm. like if you were cradling your baby in your arm, laid down on the bed that way and scooted their bottom/legs onto the bed but left the top part on your arm. i had 2 bad spitters so i didn't like them sleeping flat.

they do sell foam wedges that go under crib mattresses, you could see about using one somehow to have him sleep at a better angle.

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

User Tag List