Suggestions for moving back 3 month old's bedtime? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

At the moment, DD will only fall asleep with us lying next to her and that's only if she's really, really tired. If not, as soon as I put her down she'll wake up and fuss. So currently our sleep routine starts at around 7-8 when she starts to get fussy. We'll sit on the bed together with the lights off and nurse. And nurse and nurse and nurse. She'll be mostly asleep during this time, and will eventually detach herself, but if I even try to put her down she'll wake right up and go back to nursing. At around 9:30-10:00, DH will come in and we'll watch an episode or two of Star Trek on the computer. When that's done at around 11, she'll finally be konked out enough to be able to be put down, and we'll both go to bed.

I'd really, really like to be able to have an hour or two to ourselves at night but I just can't get it to happen. When I do put her down when she's asleep and she wakes up and starts to get fussy, I try lying next to her and cuddling or humming/singing to her, but it doesn't help. I've also tried side nursing her but she'll wake up immediately if I try to move. It's the same with naps during the day, she'll only sleep when I'm holding her and once she falls asleep won't let me transfer her to the bed.

Any suggestions, or is she just too young to settle into sleep on her own?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2011, 08:31 PM

Are you using a swaddle? That is the only thing that works with my ds when I need to set him down to sleep.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:29 PM

My 3-month old is the exact same way.  I've had success a few times with a swaddle (with one hand out so she can suck on it), so I'm going to try that, but I wish I had some good advice!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

User Tag List