Bach Rescue Sleep Aid vs. Calms Forte 4 Kids? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-21-2011, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am thinking of trying one of these two products (or both!) for my DD (3.5). She has a terrible time settling down at bedtime and it's frustrating for all so I'd like to try something to help ease her into relaxation. Melatonin works like a charm but we feel uncomfortable giving this to her very often (rarely do but sometimes when traveling or if she's really amped up). I've just heard such mixed reviews about the melatonin.

Has anybody tried Rescue Sleep or Calms Forte for kids? And if so, what were your experiences? 

Thanks!

#2 of 2 Old 11-27-2011, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Since my dd gave up napping, I have given her calms forte on days when she DID nap, since it can be harder for her to settle down at night.

It seems to help?  I cannot really say, alas.  It could be as much the placebo effect as the actual product.  But, hey, who cares, as long as they sleep, right? 

We haven't used it much in the last year or so (she is 5 1/2 now).  But dd still looks at her "sleepy medicine" in the cabinet and sometimes tells me she napped just so I will give her some!  (I don't.)

I haven't tried the Bach so I can't compare.  If I were you I'd just grab one and try it. 

Wishing you peaceful bedtimes...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page