4 month old scooting all over the place- his crib is sidecar to our bed.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-15-2011, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
But I am uncomfortable with the fact that the wood bed frame around my mattress makes it so that the end side of his crib is not right against the mattress. It's against the wood frame. So there's like a 3 inch space where, if he scoots there, he could fall off onto the floor.

I don't know if H will be willing to get rid of our bed and put the mattress on the floor ...

Any other ideas????

It's a 4 post bed.

Also, the frame of his crib BENDS! If even a tiny bit of pressure/ weight is on it. Wtf.

This cannot be normal.

I'm having these problems, but h and I love having a family bed. Help us!!! Please.
#2 of 4 Old 12-15-2011, 08:59 PM

One of my twins is in a co-sleeper so I have some ideas for you :)

If you don't want to get rid of the bed you could get a full sized arms reach which has a pad that connects your bed and you can get boosters to raise the height. Our daughter also moves around a lot so we swaddle her.

If you can talk the hubby into getting rid of the frame ( just for now) it will make you feel a lot better! Our mattress is on the ground on top of an 11" tall box spring which gives the allusion of a frame but not the tall height or wood rails. 

Good luck! My friend always says the right thing to do is what works for YOUR family :)

Wife to DH  dh_malesling.GIF Momma to twin girls slingtwin.gif cloth diapering, no vaxing, family bed, organic living, eating and wearing family! treehugger.gif

#3 of 4 Old 12-15-2011, 09:37 PM

a bending crib doesnt sound to great ... is it up against the wall? we had our side car crib seriously smashed up against the wall, that crib wasnt going anywhere! 

we also had a gap because of our headboard. i used a body pillow for another reason (rollie pollie ds who kept rolling off the bed) on top of the crack that separates the crib and the bed. it also did double duty for covering up that gap. it seems so simple - a body pillow - but solved so many issues for us (rolling off the bed, the gap, keeping the "space" for when my dh and i had sex, being a pillow for my ds when he changed angles, providing a buffer for when he got into a kicking in his sleep faze...) We used it from 5 months to 2 years with him...

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#4 of 4 Old 12-18-2011, 08:19 AM

we put foam blocks and tightly rolled blanket in the space on the far end of the crib, that way the mattress is flush to the bed mattress. I also put a full sheet over the crib and queen to smooth any gaps. Could you do this? Or is your wood sideboard too high up? We also took bungee cords (heavy duty ones) and secured the crib to the bed, going around the wood sideboard and to the cribs frame. Otherwise, the pillow like the previous poster stated will work too!

Mommy to Emily (16), Cal (12) and Claire Bear (3)

Tags
Family Bed

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page