Cosleeper recommendation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-02-2012, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone!

My husband and I are expecting our second and we're in the market for a cosleeper.  I just bedshared with my first (I was single when I had him), but my husband is uncomfortable with this, so we're compromising with a next to the bed cosleeper (I feel pretty certain the baby will end up in the bed anyway, but let's not worry my husband with that detail right now wink1.gif).

So of course I'm looking at the Ams Reach, and it seems nice enough.  Reasonably priced and every thing.  But I can't help but wonder ... Is there something better out there?

What do you guys think?  What are some cool cosleepers out on the market?

Rock Your Birth Doula Services - Attending births throughout the Denver Metro Area
rockyourbirth@gmail.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-02-2012, 02:47 PM

I think side carred cribs are easiest and cheapest in the long run (since you get a stand alone crib and toddler bed out of it) not to mention there is not that "lip" separating the two sleeping surfaces like there is with the co-sleeper.  Plus, the mattress is more comfortable, it will last MUCH longer, you can lower it when baby is bigger, etc.  

#3 of 3 Old 01-05-2012, 10:55 AM

We use a Chicco play yard with the MamaDoo Kids mattress topper. Play yards/pack n plays are bigger than co-sleepers so they last longer. Also because both items are portable we travel with them or bring them when visiting friends for dinner or during the day and our son needs to sleep. Good luck!

Tags
Family Bed

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page