Sweaty Baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-01-2012, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a 20wk old and she also sweats that bad she is constantly lying in a pool of sweat behind her head and shoulders. We're we live its very hot and humid, so she sleeps only in a singlet and nappy with no covers. She needs 2 fans blowing around the room just to make her comfy and still sweats more than i ever would. Could it have anything do do with her teething ATM. I have put her in the bath through the night cause I'm scared she is over heating. I hate being that hot so I couldn't imagine what she's feeling even though it really doesn't seem to bother her. ????? 

#2 of 9 Old 02-01-2012, 11:32 PM

Is it only during the night that she sweats? Cause my ill tyke turns into a ill stream as soon as he drifts off. And we live in snow. Maybe try having her lay on a very 

absorbant cloth and dab here off during the night. Also if  she seems especially warm to the touch you can get a very large lightweight cloth and get it wet (not dripping but wet) and lay it over her. It does wonders if there is a fan involved. I also lived in arizona for 13 years! plus make sure your upping here water intake if she is sweating so much maybe even some coconut water for those yummy electrolytes. Good luck!

#3 of 9 Old 02-01-2012, 11:44 PM

This is probably totally alarmist but I did read online that excessive sweating in babies could be a sign of sleep apnea or a heart problem. Check in w/ your pediatrician just to be sure. 

#4 of 9 Old 02-02-2012, 07:33 AM

My ds was so sweaty we called him baby sweat head.... We just tried to put a towel under his head and he was fine- it went away.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#5 of 9 Old 02-07-2012, 10:33 AM

I, too, have a very sweaty sleeper. We're talking pools of sweat underneath her head. And we live in a very snowy high altitude climate. I think it's pretty normal for them to be big sweaters when they sleep.... We usually put a receiving blanket underneath her and switch it out in the middle of the night if need be.

Happy first time mama - Rosa born 2/4/11!
#6 of 9 Old 02-11-2012, 07:37 PM

my daughter also gets super sweaty when she falls asleep - it'd odd because during the day when she's awake, she's totally non-sweaty. at night though, whether i'm holding her (she falls asleep nursing) or she's asleep on the bed, her hair quickly gets very damp and curly. i don't remember her being like that as a newborn, but she's been like this since probably 3, 4 months (she's 10 months old now).

#7 of 9 Old 02-12-2012, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

If she has a water proof/resistant pad on the bed it can cause excessive sweat.

#8 of 9 Old 02-13-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiago View Post

If she has a water proof/resistant pad on the bed it can cause excessive sweat.

ah that's a good point! i keep forgetting we put a shower curtain under her bed sheets - i keep meaning to take it off because i'm sure that's contributing to her sweating and now i will. ;)

#9 of 9 Old 02-15-2012, 02:04 PM

Hi! I have a 6 year old dd that has always sweated a lot when she sleeps whether at night or during naps... so much so that her hair is completely saturated. We just call her the sweaty napper. I now have a six week old and he too sweats a lot. I always tried to make sure she was comfortable clothing wise and room temperature wise. However, if you still can't calm your nerve, then I would definitely make an appointment with your pedi just to make sure!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page