DS Sleep Has Improved - A positive story - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-13-2012, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi Mommas

Firstly I'm not posting this in order to brag or rub it in - I sincerely just wanted to post a good news story and hopefully provide some encouragement.

My little guy is now nearly 15 months, and for most of his first year of life he woke every 1-2 hours.  It drove me crazy.

Well since he made it through his 12 month sleep regression, he has been sleeping much better.  Now he wakes "only" 3 times a night, which is a HUGE improvement for us compared with the 7 plus times he used to wake up.

Some nights he will actually sleep from, say 8.30 till 3.30 - this has never happened for us before.

We really have not done anything differently, I think it's just a maturity thing.

Anyway I'm sure there will be future bumps in the road, but it feels so much better that we are all getting better sleep.

When we were in the throes of his frequent wakings, people would tell me "it does get better" but I really wanted to hear first hand experience of "it" getting better.

40 y/o married Mama, 3 y/o DS, Angel Baby lost in Sep 2013, Angel Baby lost March 2014.
#2 of 6 Old 02-13-2012, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you for sharing--it is definitely heartening to read stories from people who have come out (or are in the process of coming out) of the other side. So glad things are going better for you!

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#3 of 6 Old 02-14-2012, 08:06 AM

Good for little guy, and hooray for you, Mama, and your increasingly undisturbed sleep!   thumb.gif

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#4 of 6 Old 02-16-2012, 01:42 PM

Yes - thank you for sharing! It's totally encouraging to hear that our little ones can learn to sleep better on their own, without any "intervention" on our part. Here's to you sleeping better/longer! I'll remember your story when I'm up at 3am;)

Happy first time mama - Rosa born 2/4/11!
#5 of 6 Old 02-19-2012, 07:35 PM

ah the light at the end of this long long :yawn: tunnel. my 10 month old girl is growing too fast already but there *are* certain things i look forward to - like, no bags under my eyes! or more than 4 hours of consecutive sleep. gasp!

#6 of 6 Old 02-21-2012, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)

oh you mean there is hope for me???????you are bragging...you deserve to. 

congrats

my little guy will be 12 months in march and he still wakes every hour -hour and a half.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page