15 months frequent night waking - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-17-2012, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son is almost 15 months and he wakes a lot at night. Sometimes every 10 minutes. He has never been a good sleeper but these days, it is increasingly difficult. I have two daughters (9 and 5 yo) who were poor sleepers too until almost 3 yo . I feel really tired of it all. I know it's nice to sleep with our children, but I wonder if it's not my fault if my kids wake up so often. In my community, I do not know anyone who has a child who woke up as often. And I've had three! I really need help!

I've tried elimination diet because I suspect allergies (he's having eczema since he's 3 months) with no results.  I would be happy if he was just waking every  hour or two but I feel like I'm awake almost all night.  It's hard for me to be a loving mother during the day when I feel like this. 

It would help me to read about your own experience about thins kind of night waking. 

Thank's

France

#2 of 3 Old 03-19-2012, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just bumping this up for you in hopes that you get some answers/support. :)

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#3 of 3 Old 03-20-2012, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

When you did the elimination diet, did you see an improvement in his eczema?  Also, what did you eliminate?  I only ask because I see lots of people who eliminate dairy and soy, even things like citrus and nightshades, but not wheat/gluten, and gluten has a HUGE correlation with skin issues including eczema.  

My little one doesn't wake as often, but is also 15 months and goes through times where he wakes every hour.  The rougher patches always correspond with teething, though.  Rarely, even on a good night, does he sleep for a stretch longer than 2 hours.

Not being able to sleep longer than 10 minutes does seem like there's a different underlying issue, and I would be inclined to say that you were on the right track with diet concerns, especially with the eczema.  Are you nursing?  If so, I think you should do the elimination diet as well.

If it were me, I'd do a paleo diet - that's no grains, legumes, sugar or dairy.  You essentially only eat pastured meat, organic fruits and veggies, lots of good fat (coconut oil, grass-fed tallow, olive oil, etc), and some nuts.  Eggs are generally "allowed," but I would consider eliminating those as well, or at least egg whites (yolks aren't usually problematic, even for people who are allergic to eggs).  It's similar to GAPS and traditional foods, if you're familiar with those diets.  There's actually a TF sub-forum under Nutrition.  

Do you see a pediatrician?  Is s/he concerned?  

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)

Tags
Family Bed

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page