7 month old foster baby- new sleep stuff - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-07-2012, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, so for the first time in my foster child's life, she's got a schedule, at least for bedtime, wake time, and a morning nap.  But, she also has consistent wake up times during the night.  They are- 11pm, 1am, 4:30am, and 6:30am (up for the day, until 8 when she has a nap).  I've been trying to stay awake until her 11pm wake up, but I'm just not feeling like I'm getting enough sleep. 
Is their any way to help her get to less wake-ups?  I've been bottle-nursing her to sleep each time she awakens and she usually eats a lot at night.  Does she need all that food at night?  Or can I cut back?

What if I offered water at the 11pm and 4:30am feedings?  Would that help her take the 1am feeding more seriously?  Maybe this is not really an issue and I'm making it one.  Any ideas or insights would be helpful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How old is she?

It sounds like she just needs a lot of comfort right now, so I'd roll with it.  My only suggestion would be to go to bed earlier with her and just weather the wake-ups with her.  Hopefully as she feels more secure, she'll start to go longer and longer between wake-ups.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?

User Tag List