Co-sleeping. Sometimes.... Question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-22-2012, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello!  Quick question.  I have been co-sleeping with my 4 month old baby since he was born (him and I on a mattress on the floor and hubby in the bed next to us).  I have loved it.  He still nurses at night (1-4 times depending on the night), but I manage to sleep a reasonable amount for me.  We just snuggle all night :)

Unfortunately, I go back to work in a few short months.  Work being a resident (aka lots of night call and 30-hour shifts, etc).  The going back to work this is beyond devastating to me but it's contracted and I'm going to at least give it a try.  I would LOVE to continue co-sleeping.  I think it will be good to regain some of the closeness we won't have during the day, but the problem is I won't be home every night.  Is it fair to baby to expect him to be able to co-sleep one night then spend the next night in an Arm's Reach co-sleeper?

I'd love to about anyone that has been able to sometimes co-sleep and sometimes not successfully.  And any other ideas would be great!  Thanks :)

More info...  Hubby is such a heavy sleeper, not to mention he kicks and rolls all night long.  So when I'm gone baby will be in the co-sleeper next to the bed.  Hubby and I will be living with my parents, so in the rare event we both are on-call one night, he will be in the co-sleeper by my parent's bed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2012, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think it's still worth it.  The time you'll get to be attached at night will be a great thing for your relationship and will do a lot to repair the separation you'll both feel while you're at work.  I think it's okay if it's not regular. :)   I would think some time together is better than none. 

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?

Tags
Family Bed
User Tag List