How Does Napping w/ 2 Kids Under 2 Work? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-01-2012, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DC2 will be born this summer when DS is 19 months. I know I have lots of time still, but I want to have ideas in mind as to how to do naps with 2U2. Right now DS nurses or cuddles to sleep on his floorbed or in our bed.

By then he might be down to 1 nap when his sibling will need multiple naps, so I cannot quite envision what to do with him while I tend to baby's nap. (He plays independently but does not like to be alone.) We are TV-free, so that option is out (but seems to be the one I hear the most).

Thanks in advance for your ideas or stories!

http://moregreenforlessgreen.blogspot.com/

Living more eco-friendly for less money

Success after loss and infertility! Joyful mom to two boys (1/11 and 8/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-01-2012, 09:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My kids are a little further apart(26 months), but when dd2 was really little, i just either wore her for naps or nursed her on the couch and held her there or transfered her someplace safe.... dd1 was still napping so i would put us all in my bed and all take a nap together. That continued a year until i weaned dd1. It was one of the easiest transitions from 1 to 2. If we didnt all nap together it would have been awful.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#3 of 3 Old 04-01-2012, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My girls are closer together than that, and I can usually have them nap together, but sometimes one will be playing quietly in the room while I nurse her sister to sleep (and then go get the one playing and put her to sleep). Crayons might be a good quiet-play item, or books to read. Other times we do nap walks, and if only one baby needs to sleep the other can watch the world go by. (but really, if you can do one nap a day that everyone does together, that will make your life easier)

Tags
Co Sleeping With Multiple Kids

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page