Cosleeping and new baby on the way - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-08-2012, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all, we currently cosleep with our almost 3 year old. He is a complete snuggler and we;re wondering what to do since our second child is due in October. I doubt it is safe for our little guy to sleep with a baby in the bed (he is a bit of a mover) so we're wondering what our options are. We're not sure that he's ready to move into his own room. He does have his own bedroom which has a crib set up in it, but he's never slept in there, he just plays. We were considering two options: getting a big boy bed (full sized something) which is big enough so we can lie with him in his own bed, or perhaps get a cosleeper for the baby and have DS continue to sleep with us. I do feel worried about the latter option for two reasons... the first being the baby waking up DS, the second, I feel sad that the baby won't be in bed with us.

Any advice? I can see every night turning into musical beds.. Gah!

Help!

jog.gif   mama to DS 7/09 and married to DH bikenew.gif

#2 of 3 Old 05-08-2012, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

DD was just over 2.5 when DS was born and a big cuddler.  We simply always made sure an adult was between the two of them while sleeping until DS was bigger.  So, either DP, DS, Me, DD or DD, DP, DS, Me, or DP, DD, Me, DS.  It really wasn't an issue. 

If you have a big enough room, another option is to get a twin bed (for DS to grow into) and just push it up alongside your current bed.  That will provide extra space.

Congrats on the new little one!

#3 of 3 Old 05-12-2012, 01:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My ds1 was almost 3 when ds2 was born. We set up a side car crib with the intention of having baby in there but it ended up working better with the older one (who still really wanted to sleep by mama) in the side car and baby between dh and I. We all 4 still sleep together in 2 queen beds pushed together. Our little room is nearly wall to wall beds! smile.gif

winner.jpgfamilybed2.gifsewmachine.gifcd.gif Homeschooling, happy, messy-housed mama to my 2 wild boys fencing.gif 10/05 and 9/08, and my sweet little girl babygirl.gif 2/13 and blessed to be married to the best guy for me since 12/96.

Tags
Co Sleeping With Multiple Kids , Family Bed

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page