Help mom sleep through the night! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-10-2012, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We started night weaning a week ago and it's going great...for DD. She'll wake up once or twice but goes back to sleep easily.  Problem is I"m still on the wake every 3 hours.  And lately at 5am I can't go back to sleep at all.  And I'm not good at napping.  I tried chamomile tea. I tried melatonin last night but still woke up multiple times while my child snoozed on.  Any tips? Will this pass soon or do I need to up the melatonin?  I don't understand how my body is not adjusting...I am still groggy and tired.  When she nursed all night we'd sleep until 8 or 9am. I just didn't expect this side effect.

DD: 8/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-12-2012, 02:33 AM

This totally happened to me also and it did pass at some point. I don't think it took too long to get back to sleeping through the night, but I really don't remember how many days (weeks?) it took. I remember feeling like I wasn't getting back to sleep because I wasn't getting my regular doses of all the relaxing nursing hormones every 2 hours. I'm also unable to nap during the day unless I'm really ill. Ultimately, of course, it was way worth it in the long run. One thing that helps me get to sleep is an audiobook on my iPod with a sleep timer to turn it off after about 15 minutes. Or some kind of noise like rain or ocean sounds. Hang in there! Hope you get some good sleep soon

winner.jpgfamilybed2.gifsewmachine.gifcd.gif Homeschooling, happy, messy-housed mama to my 2 wild boys fencing.gif 10/05 and 9/08, and my sweet little girl babygirl.gif 2/13 and blessed to be married to the best guy for me since 12/96.
#3 of 5 Old 05-12-2012, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

I never thought about the nursing hormones affecting me...that makes me feel better. Its been a week and a half and I'm still up every three hours. It sucks.
I always have a hard time falling asleep. I'll try the audiobook...earbuds are just so uncomfortable for me.
Glad to know I'm not alone.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

#4 of 5 Old 05-12-2012, 02:29 PM

I was using earbuds also but started to get earaches from them, so I bought myself a cheap pair of earphones (I sleep on my back) and it's working great that way.  Found some on Amazon that were like $5 or $6 and had great reviews.  So far so good.

winner.jpgfamilybed2.gifsewmachine.gifcd.gif Homeschooling, happy, messy-housed mama to my 2 wild boys fencing.gif 10/05 and 9/08, and my sweet little girl babygirl.gif 2/13 and blessed to be married to the best guy for me since 12/96.
#5 of 5 Old 05-19-2012, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Update that I'm only waking once if at all after two hard weeks. thanks for the advice and support!
DD is sleeping through the night until 6 am where she'll nurse on and off for 2 hrs..so I'm usually awake for that.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page