Toddler is rolling out of bed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-26-2012, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I am currently bedsharing with ds2 who is 16 months. We are in a full size mattress placed on the floor. We have pillows on either side so when he rolls out it is a soft and barely any drop. But I think it is interfering with his sleep and causing him to wake more often. He tends to roll away from me rather than towards me which makes me wonder if he would go for his own sleeping surface.

Brainstorm with me or even better share what you have done in a similar situation. I am considering the thought of a toddler bed for him (ds1 is sleeping in one but it is a race car bed without much for barriers on side) or placing another mattress next to our current one. (We do have two mattresses in the house that are not currently slept in but I find both less comfortable than our current bed.)

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#2 of 3 Old 05-26-2012, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

As you said perhaps he's ready for his own space, near you...

Also bed rails could be an option. They are $20-$30 on Amazon for the basic framed mesh variety that tuck under the mattress and would keep him in bed. There are also foam wedges that you put under the sheet, but they're a little more pricey.

Good Luck!

ETA: even an inexpensive body pillow tucked under the bottom sheet would probably be enough of speed bump to keep him in winky.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#3 of 3 Old 06-03-2012, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

What about putting the mattress up against a wall and he sleeps on the side that's to the wall so he rolls up against that instead of falling off...?

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page