Sleep issues and magnesium? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-01-2012, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

3.5 yo DD has had numerous sleep issues - these days she often wakes in teh middle of the night and tosses and turns for an hour or two and has a hard time settling back into sleep.

I recently read magnesium deficiency can cause sleeplessness - has anyone had any experience with supplementing with magnesium or adding more magnesium rich foods to help their children with sleep?

Loving wife to DH and buddamomimg1.pngmama to DD (11/08) and DS (2/12)

#2 of 2 Old 06-02-2012, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I started supplementing DS (3 y/o 9 months) with magnesium around 3.5 y/o because of sleeplessness and pain in his knees during sleep (I was previously giving him epsom salt baths in the middle of the night!), dark circles under his eyes... either it's very effective or there's magic floating in the air around here because he's been sleeping 8pm-7am like never before and no longer complains about his legs! I don't love supplementation so I am hoping to do this in a more diet-focused way soon, but I just don't have the time or energy at present.

sleepytime.gifjog.gifSleepy, running, wife to superhero.gif DH 08/09 -  Mama to jog.gif DS 8/08 & love.gif DD 1/11

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. " - Japanese Proverb

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page