Why is MDC hosting an ad for a CIO program??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-10-2012, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I came to this forum to search for ideas for my 5 week old, who will not sleep unless being held AND in motion; I'm happy to wear him & walk or rock him most of the time, but I'd love it if we could occasionally lay down together.eyesroll.gif

Anyway, I saw a huge ad on the sidebar for something called the "Sleep Sense" program. The claims for it appeared very unrealistic, so I did a little research, and it appears to basically be a version of CIO!?! Why would MDC host this? It makes me mad, especially as I know that lots of sleep-deprived parents come here for realistic, AP based answers. What's up with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2012, 10:53 AM

I have not seen this...but, EW. Not good.

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.shine.gif

Old 06-10-2012, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I haven't seen it either. I reloaded the page a bunch of times and got ads for cosleepers, bras, breast pumps, and hyena cart. 

The ad that drives me batty is the floradix one that says "required for life". Apparently you're going to keel over if you don't immediately spend $33.40 on an iron and herb supplement. eyesroll.gif

Old 06-10-2012, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

You can report it in the q&a forum and a moderator will look into it. But they also have some custom ads on here so if you were looking at another website with cio as the topic or you had been on that site previously it might pop up here as an ad but only you would see it. I was seriously weirded out when I saw ads here for a site I frequent which is pretty much anathema to the mothering crown, until I figured that out.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

nak

Thanks; I'll mention it in the Q&A forum.  I was incorrect about it popping up in this forum, specifically; it was actually when I did a search in the forums for 5 week old sleep - still, not cool.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Not okay.  If you PM me the ad picture and a link I can report it.  Our ads are like google ads in that many ads are entered in, and only pop up occasionally, sometimes ones we don't want get through.  So, no, that shouldn't be there.  I will try and get it too. :)  Thanks for noticing it.

I'm going to close this thread now, as ad discussion should be had on Q&S, not in the individual forums.

Thanks again!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

User Tag List