My 8 yo and 2 1/2 yo don't sleep through the night!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-12-2012, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay so my 8yo has been in his room since he was 3 I transitioned him slowly to his room and slowly to put himself to sleep we have had the same night routine since forever nothing major has changed he adjusted amazingly well when his brother was born my room is an open door so he knows he is allowed in whenever he has a well balanced diet I put him to bed at a normal time between 8-930 depending on what he's doing and how he's behaving he has ADD and that's been addressed and treated we started out behavior therapy homeopathic remedies and food elimination nothing helped so he is on a non stimulant and that's helped him tremendously he is himself just in control he has lots of exercise as he is in tae Kwon do he goes anywhere from 2 to 5 times a week I am at a loss I literally don't know how to help him sleep well and through the night he is 8!!!

Now my 2 1/2 yo he sleeps a bit better than his brother he is still in our room for now he has transitioned from the arms reach to a toddler bed he sleep mostly through the night he will climb in our bed any where from 2 to 6am that's still pretty normal for 2 right? I have don't the ncss with both children but my 2 yo will NOT fall asleep with nursing!!! I want to night wean him soon not for naps just bedtime my DH has tried many times to get him to sleep with no success! Any suggestions for either child please!!!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-12-2012, 10:50 AM

What do you mean by they don't sleep through the night?  What are they doing in the night?  Getting up and playing?  Wanting to eat?  Crying?

Did you mean  your two year old will not fall asleep WITHOUT nursing?  What do you mean night wean (how often is he nursing throughout the night)?

#3 of 4 Old 06-12-2012, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Both boys wake up in the middle of the night my 2yo will cry or just climb on bed then nurse no matter what he will nurse, he nurses about 3 times a night my 8yo wakes up will come in our room and wake us up then fall back asleep. By night wean I mean get him to where my DH can put him to bed once in awhile he will literally not fall asleep with out nursing

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#4 of 4 Old 06-24-2012, 11:53 PM

That sounds totally normal to me.  

What do you mean when you say that your 8 year old wakes you up before falling back asleep?  Is it just that he comes in which wakes you up, or does he make a point of waking you up?  I always wake up when my soon-to-be 9 year-old comes in (which he does just about every night at some point), but he doesn't purposely wake me up.  He just comes in and flops into the bed and goes back to sleep.  

My almost 3 1/2 year old probably nurses about as much as your 2 year-old at night.  I think there are some nights that I have a long stretch of no-nursing, but he will nurse to sleep, then I get up, when I come to bed (or when he comes in from his room if that's where he starts) he'll nurse, and then from around six am on he nurses a lot.  So, I guess I often get 4 or 5 hours with no nursing, but some nights he'll nurse another time I think.  I tend to sleep through it, though, so I'm not an entirely reliable witness.  

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page