Baby won't sleep except sitting in lap majority of time? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2012, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have a 4 week old baby with reflux, she was doing sort of okay with bedsharing for about a week, but it's getting to be where she wants ONLY to sleep sitting up in my lap. Honestly, I can't sleep like this, so not sure what to do. Going 2 days on without sleep then one good night of sleep then 2 more days without sleep is a hard and pretty unhealthy pattern for me.

Obviously I won't just let her cry, but how can I make her sleep again in some possible way I can sleep too? (I can't sleep in any of our chairs, I'll fall out)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Try searching for a reflux pillow designed for infants. Get her accustomed to this during her wakeful periods.  Sorry I don't remember the name of a specific brand but I briefly used one with my DS. Your daughter doesn't want to lie down because the that position provokes the reflux. She has learned (smart baby) that an upright position is better. The pillow (or positioner) will offer a recline.  They have a small one that you can place in your bed or in a cradle. You belt the infant in and they are lying on their backs. Also, breastfeeding does help.  Some foods within your diet can upset your dd's reflux episodes. You may want to keep a food diary. Good luck.

User Tag List