Rolling over in bed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-14-2012, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son has a crappy habit of rolling on his belly and just plopping his head down with his nose and mouth down until I get him. He used to cry when he rolled over in his sleep. Well two nights ago (This is crazy) I had a dream that I woke up and he was sleeping with his face burried in his crib mattress and was not breathing. The dream woke me up and I got up and checked on him and his face was burried in the mattress. I picked him up and woke the poor guy up. He was so mad at me. But it scared me to death! What if I hadn't had that dream????? Now I check on him obsessively. Hes sleeping better through the night than I am.  How do I quell this anxiety? I JUST started to not check on him so much. He sleeps with me most mornings but we get too hot warm together all night and he fusses for me to put him in his bed.  Hes not done it since and doesn't bury his head anymore awake.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2012, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
How old is your son? That mama anxiety can be hard to turn off, huh?

Someone moved my effing cheese.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

hes 7 months. I have no idea how to turn it off. I don;t want to really but man. I am a crazy person I check on him 4 times a night on my own. He wakes up once or twice on his own.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:33 PM

Ugh, that's rough! So he's not burying his nose and mouth anymore? 

Why don't you want to turn it off?  There's being alert and attentive to your ds's needs, keeping him safe, and there's sleepless vigilance.  Are you dragging around, tired during the day?

You started to not check on him so much. Keep that up!  Don't interrupt your sleep to check on him when he's not fussing. 

Old 07-14-2012, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

You know I am not that tired in the day. I just take naps with him.  As long as I'm not beign crazy. :P

Old 07-15-2012, 11:27 AM

You aren't crazy.  orngbiggrin.gif  Naps are great, they help.  As a mom of 17 years, my best (admittedly unsolicited) advice to you is to value, prioritize and protect your sleep.  Even when you're getting along OK on 6 hours here, a bad night of 4 hours there, supplemented by naps. Also, believe what he's telling you about his sleep needs.  If he's indicating he needs more space, give it to him.  It sounds like you're doing that already.

User Tag List