Help getting my 17-month-old to SLEEP!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-20-2012, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This is so frustrating! For a while there she did great - I laid down with her at 7pm and she nursed down usually within 30 minutes and only occasionally woke up again 30-60min which only took another 15-20 minutes to nurse down and sneak back out. It's no longer that easy. It will often take me an hour or more just to get out, and within 10-20 minutes she is awake. And it takes even longer then and half the time she'll decide she wants to wake up and play! I am SO tired of this, I can't take it anymore.

I also need to wean her from nursing to sleep (trying to halt tooth decay). She WILL NOT go down without nursing. She insists on nursing until she passes out. I can't just wear her or drive her around until she falls asleep and then put her down because she'll just wake back up. 

Please, if anyone has btdt and can give me ideas of what to do. I'm SO frustrated. 

ETA: I do not have anyone who will put her down to sleep instead of me, no one can help me with it so I'm on my own.

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 01:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is going to sound weird. But have you tried taking off your bra and putting it in bed with her. The smell of you by her might be enough to keep her asleep.

User Tag List