Co-sleeping with Toddler Twins and Nighttime Nursing Woes - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-27-2012, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was reading some older threads (2010) by twin mommas who were co-sleeping and dream feeding.  I'm doing the same and happy about it in theory.  But, my girls want to nurse all night long, or so it feels to me.  The nights when they don't wake up at the same time, and I can just flip over back and forth, and maybe have a break between nursing each one are beautiful.  Then, I don't mind if they each wake up three or four times, as long as I'm getting some sleep.  But, many nights it is back to back--no sleep, or both wake up at the same time and they just want to nurse nurse nurse.  Has anyone had this experience?  Any tips?  My husband and I are experimenting with ways that they'll let him soothe them back to sleep with me out of the room, and with me escaping the sleeping babies to nap in another room--we think maybe they wake up more often when I'm in the room.  I'm also trying the ever-so-gentle method of delatching over and over until they fall asleep the rest of the way by themselves (from No-Cry Sleep Solution).  The idea is they'll get used to falling asleep on their own and not need to nurse so much.  But, I feel this method may take forever.  I'm just wondering if anyone has any related experience to share and what you chose to do. 

#2 of 6 Old 08-28-2012, 09:48 AM

Have you tried this in the parenting multiples forum?  It might be a good idea to post there, too.  

I don't have any tips, just support.  I have two kids, but not twins.  I only tandem nursed for a short while when my second was born and nights were ROUGH.  Hope you get some relief!

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#3 of 6 Old 08-28-2012, 11:13 AM

I don't have a lot of advice, but I'm going through the same thing right now. I find that with my girls (14 months)  they *do* wake less when I'm not there. That said, if it's after 2, I generally just give up and sleep in their room because I get more sleep if I don't have to stay awake when I'm nursing them back to sleep. Sometimes I wake up at 4 or 5 and will sneak back to my room for the rest of the night.

The multiples board here is pretty active.

#4 of 6 Old 11-09-2012, 06:13 PM

i never say you over on the twins area and was just wondering how you were doing?  I'm needing to night ween my twins so i was thinking of you

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#5 of 6 Old 11-10-2012, 10:22 AM

I'm afraid of night weaning. We've been sick over here, so we're having all-night nursing fests. Need to do something different, as I've been doing a whole lot of tandem nursing at night, which is painful and not so good for sleeping. But it's so hard to figure out what I can change without costing myself even more sleep.

#6 of 6 Old 11-10-2012, 11:22 AM

i took the plunge last night, i had to. its hard, i will chat later about it

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page