Help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-12-2012, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is the background info:

-Our 2 year old son has been cosleeping with us since birth and we are currently trying to adjust him into a toddler bed in his own room (we are doing this due to the immense lack of sleep)

- He wakes roughly anywhere between 3-7 times per night. Sometimes after falling asleep he will wake within 15 minutes.

- He addicted to the bottle (I had to exclusively pump due to latching issues). The first bottle is milk and the next 2-3 bottle our filled with water throughout the night (crazy, right!). He will not fall back to sleep with out them.

- When he wakes, he crys a gut-filled, fearful cry (we have tested him to ensure there is no physical issues). He will cry like this, even if we are in the bed with him.

- He will fall asleep in in his toddler bed, but he wakes and wakes.

I am looking for any advice or tips on how to induce better sleep for us all. I am concerned that he is not sleeping efficiently and hope that by moving him into his own quiet space, this might help. Have asked countless friends for advice, but they are at a blank.....they either cosleep beautifully or their child sleep on their own and falls asleep on their own.
#2 of 2 Old 09-12-2012, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You've probably tried this but the one thing that helps DD stay asleep is white noise. I have a fan on in her room all the time while she sleeps and it helps her stay down at naps and at night. We don't cosleep but I do nurse her at night and she's also thirsty for water. She's 17.5 months old and often puts away 8 to 12 oz of water overnight on top of nursing so she pees a TON! I have to change her each time because there isn't a cloth diaper on earth that can hold her all night. Recently we also tried a different diaper at night and it seems to have helped. Just a thought but could his wet diapers be waking him up?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page