13 months old takes blanket off - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-19-2012, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Since he has been 7 months old we have been sleeping under the same blanket, but lately he hasn't been keeping it on.

That wasn't a big deal in summer, but it is getting colder, and he needs something.

I am not a fan of the average sleeping bag. I would still like us to be able to have close body contact and with a padded sleeping back that is impossible, plus I would probably make him sweat if I got close.

What options do I have?

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#2 of 4 Old 09-19-2012, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can you put on warmer pjs? Fleece with footies and onesies underneath?

I find my kids stay warmer than I do, but eventually cozy up to me.

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#3 of 4 Old 09-19-2012, 08:30 AM

My almost 4 yo DD did, and still does, the same thing.  She never keeps a blanket on.  My solution for the cold weather was to add an additional layer of fleece onesie-type pajamas from Carter's, on top of the 2-piece long sleeve pajamas.  Our apartment is colder than most and she is usually warm enough with that without a cover.  In the cold, cold winter days in the Northeast, I use an over-sized comforter that covers both of us and then some.  That usually keeps her under the covers even after she rolls everywhere.  Even then, she sometimes takes it off, which I take to mean that she is too warm.  I hope something like that works for you.

#4 of 4 Old 09-19-2012, 11:13 AM

I love sleepsacks. I get fairly thin ones that are just like a fuzzy blanket. Her arms are free and she can even pull up in them if she wants. I'm actually really bummed because the ones I love don't go past 6-12 months and there is no way they'd fit my 18 month old by November let alone March :-(.
My DD sleeps in her crib mostly (on me in a recliner on bad nights) so we have different needs but I just wanted to mention that there are nice thin sleep sacks out there too that might work for you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page