2 year old not falling asleep while nursing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-20-2012, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am currently 5 months pregnant with baby #2 and still nursing my almost 2 year old. We co-sleep and wish to continue. Untill he was about 15 months old he would just crawl up in my lap when he was ready for bed and go to sleep. His bed time varied because of that. But as he got older and I got pregnant he was staying up later and later so we made a bed time of 10pm which most people would think was pretty late anyways. Our current bed time routine is to have him and Dad brush there teeth together and read books in bed till he asked to nurse or Dad gets tired of reading. Then I  come and nurse him to sleep. Being pregnant I think my milk supply is dropping enough or something has changed enough he is not going to sleep. One it is really hard for me to sit through long nursing sessions as it is right now but I am toughing it out to try and get him to sleep, but then after 45 minutes of nursing that was really hard for me to get through my son will just stop nursing even after being on the verge of sleep and get up to play. I will watch him dose off and jerk himself awake to avoid falling asleep. I will try and keep him in the bed even if he not nursing. Sing to him, cuddle him, wrestle with him ( which is not easy for a pregnant lady to do). At some point I will get so fustrated and need to go to sleep myself that I will just let him get up and he will go play with his dad, eat snacks, and god forbid watch my husband play video games until he is so sleepy he is willing to just lay down and go to sleep. This has been going on for about 5 nights now. This happens around midnight or later. Tonight I gave up I was the one to get up  and my husband is up there trying to get him to sleep with out me. It is currently 12:45 at night and there is much crying for Mama going on up there. I sitting down here debating weather or not to just go up there and put and end to what sounds like the worst thing in the world. I think my husband will find it self defeating if I interfer at this point.

Any tips for getting him to sleep before the crack of dawn and without all the tears when nursing fails?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-20-2012, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Well it has been quite up there for about 10 minutes now. I think my husband feel asleep too. I'll give it another ten and then go join them.

Still need a better plan.

#3 of 3 Old 10-26-2012, 10:09 PM

ahhh, what happened? I see this post is old, but I'm in the same position right now.  Trying to find answers!

User Tag List