Snoedel lovey question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-23-2012, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I'm searching for something to help my dd sleep without me next to her all the time. We co-sleep, which I'm fine with, but she won't nap unless we're holding her and won't fall asleep at night without us holding her or lying next to her.  I need to have some time to do other things!  So I was reading The No Cry Sleep Solution book and one thing they had recommended was a Snoedel lovey. It's supposed to help absorb mom's odor so baby is comforted by that while sleeping.  I'm not sure how big it is, but it basically looks like a little head of an animal with a blanket on the bottom. My question is about safety - I know you're not supposed to give babies blankets due to the risk they'll pull it over their face or get caught in it so I'm wondering if anyone knows if the snoedel is safe?  I'm guessing it is since it's used in NICU's but I wasn't sure why it would be if it has a blanket as part of it (unless the blanket is just really small?). Anyone know?  Thanks!

#2 of 5 Old 11-23-2012, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How old is your daughter?

#3 of 5 Old 11-23-2012, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

That would have been good to add, lol!  She's 7 months old.

#4 of 5 Old 11-23-2012, 09:17 PM

I have one and it's not big enough to get wrapped around a baby's neck.  At 7 months I would feel comfortable leaving one with the baby.  But it probably won't work, to be totally honest!  It can't hurt to try though.  Good luck!

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#5 of 5 Old 11-26-2012, 11:31 PM

No advice on the lovey but one thing to try is when you get up after she's asleep push a pillow right up next to her so if she flails or rolls over she feels like you're still next to her.

It's complicated.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page