HELP!! toddler bedtime troubles... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-25-2012, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter is 3 years old, from the age of 8 months she has always slept really well on her own in her own bed and room, recently though, due to unforseen circumstances we had to move into my sisters house, where I now have to share a room and bed with my daughter, it is really hard getting her to sleep and also we are due to be moving into a bigger house, I am concerned she will not go back to been in her own room or bed as she has been with me for the last few months, any tips/suggestions how to ease her back into it? Thanks.
#2 of 2 Old 11-27-2012, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My best tip for getting toddlers to sleep, especially in changing circumstances, is to use a baby carrier (I use a long woven wrap with my two- and three-year-old). There's something about being wrapped up close that is reassuring and sleep-inducing. If your toddler is too heavy to carry, even just sitting on the bed with your child wrapped to you will help.

This is not an all night project, I usually carry my children for about five minutes before popping them into bed when they are still just barely awake. If you do try this, remember to pay special attention to back safety!  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page