Need advice from cosleeping mamas - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-30-2012, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's been 3-4 weeks of horrible sleep over here 5-7 wake ups a nite.  Started with teething then sickness, vacation and sickness again.  In the middle of this I started having panic attacks and anxiety at night from not sleeping or being able to fall asleep b4 DDs next wake up.  There were nights where I only slept for 45 min total. The panic attacks subsided when I started using delta wave sleep music and headphones at night to help me fall asleep (highly recommend).  The problem is I still wake up a lot.  I hear and feel everything I used to only wake up when she cried out but now I wake up when she turns or grunts and that's with a sound soother in the room and with headphones on.  Also lately she keeps wanting to sleep close to me which she never did before.  I cannot sleep when she is right next to me kicking me - impossible. I tried going to a different bed and it does help but occasionally I still wake up after 45 min even there. I feel like my body is out of whack.  Now I do want to continue to try to sleep separately in hopes of getting some better sleep but here is my dilemma.  We have a queen mattress on the floor in her room and that's where we have been sleeping and I am able to leave her there after breastfeeding but now she is starting to crawl and I am kind of afraid to leave her.  I would love for her to be in the crib but she wakes up when I try to transfer only works if I breastfeed in chair not bed but she caught on to that and doesn't want to breastfeed in chair anymore. BTW she is 8 months old.  Do any of you mamas left your baby that young alone on a mattress in their room?  Do you lock the door of the room? put a gate up?  Childproof the room?  like getting rid of rocking chair and bookcase?  I am so tired and confused and can't think straight don't know what to do.  Is is just a phase?  anyone go through this?  Any advice? words of wisdom? or anything please? Am I even making any sense?  I keep rereading my post........

#2 of 2 Old 11-30-2012, 08:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
8 months is tough. The beauty of a mattress on the floor is that even crawling around , she can't hurt herself by falling. I would feel absolutely comfortable leaving her on the mattress. I would babyproof the room and maybe set up a monitor then close the door and go to sleep. I'm hoping to transition DD from the crib to a mattress on the floor soon. We still nurse in a recliner and then I cross my fingers and try to transfer her. I am expecting and we need to make the shift so I can attend DD and leave more easily once baby comes. She has always slept better in her own space and currently is down to 1 or 2 wakeups if I get her in the crib. She's 20 months old and I wish I'd switched earlier. On nights when she sleeps on me, we are up 4 to 6 times typically.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page